Sunday 18 February 2007

Hungover - A title will not come to me

Okay, so I havn't posted for a couple of days, I have been a busy boy. Busy drinking, and preparing for a painful day back with the folks and eating - eating lots!

So, it was in the pipeline a couple of weeks ago that I would visit my parents back home in Shropshire - this is a big deal to me! Do not get me wrong I love my parents, they are fantastic and helped me alot and have brought me up well (i think) but going back home is traumatic for me these days! Alot happened there and I have still not quite faced up to her. I have to syke myself up for a trip to see them - they often come to see me in Birmingham now but this time they couldn't come due to their car breaking down mid week. So I syked myself up with a night of heavy drinking down the local with Jamie and some of our mates.

We started with a curry at mine with Ted and Suzi (Jamie did not say much or eat much as he was too busy gorping at Suzi) We spent the meal trying to convince Ted to come out with us but he already had plans to go out with his chess playing mates - Who knows what their idea of fun is! (He has no escape this coming Friday night though) We had a couple of beers and then headed down to the pub and met up with Rob, Jez and Claire who were already on the shots of Sambuka! Thankfully - our local is actually a cocktail bar! Result I think!

We got on the shots and by 9 oclock we were away with the drunk fairis and Jamie had already pulled for the night! Jez went at 11 and Rob at 12. By this time Jamie was in the corner of the bar with his new conquest - eating her face. Which left me and Claire at the bar drinking Sunburn cocktails! She had always had a bit of a thing for me, and I always found her quite attractive but she is a bit arrogant and a bit talky so I could never quite get to fancy her. But as you can imagine - I am not proud of this - One thing led to another and I awoke to find Claire breathing down my neck - naked in bed. Slightly shocked to say the least I jumped out of bed and went for a shower.

Showering I heard a scream - I actually could not tell if it was Ted or Ulsa - I feared the worse. Taking a towel from the rail i peered out into the corridor and to my horror I saw a naked Yeti stood at my bedroom door. I ran over to find Claire tucked up against the wall with the sheet around her - It turns out Ulsa had just opened the door to say Hello while Claire was just getting out of the bed to come and find me!

Why does everyone in my flat always seem to be in their underwear or naked?! If someone were to walk in they would mistake it for a low class illegal brothel . . . god help us! I just wish Ulsa would learn to keep her clothes on.

So to end that story, Claire and I are staying friends and "not letting it come between us" - Yeh as if that is ever going to happen, who are we kidding?! So, not only do I have a hangover I probably have many awkward moment ahead of me with Claire.

So I caught the train back home and was met at the station by my mother. I have one worry when I come home, and it is that I will pass her on the street or see them together - and I fear that it will bring me back to the stage I was when I left, and all that I have put behind me would be back again! Luckily today was a Sunday so all my other mates were still at their unis and so I did not have to risk a trip to town, or a trip out to the pub to catch up!

My Dad had a test drive in an old Civic Type R today as well so we went together and my god it was bliss - Once I sort myself with a better job I am having myself one of those! My absolute dream car - my dad did not like it though, he said it was too aggressive for him! This from a man who used to drive Road going Rally Cars - He is getting old sadly! He can be a good laugh though!

We drove past her house on the test drive and I saw her dad outside the house washing the car - this was not good and I am now moping at home again very miserable and I cannot take my mind off the past and her and what happened - I need Suzi. She will be back to watch Top Gear with me in a bit! We snuggle on the sofa every Sunday night. She is the only person who truely understands what happened and how it has all affected me. I love her to bits for that. I think without Suzi I would have killed myself.

Jesus, another depressing post! This week will be a good week full of crazy happenings I am sure! I can't wait to get into work tomorrow! Sorry the blog has become a little blue and boring!

Where is Ulsa when you need a big fat butch lesbian to scare you and lift those spirits eh?!

11 comments:

chary said...

hey what's up? well i just now started bloging so i chose to read your blog i went over to read your hungover whatever story and i think you have the right idea, but i did not even make it past the first paragraph when i had no idea what in the hell you were talking about...lol... so i read a lil and i kind - of get what you are trying to say but that is only because im good with empathy on light or deep levels and i know where your coming from. However your organization needs some work and you have lots of incomplete thoughts through your sentences and remember what ever the first line of your paragraph is talking about the rest of that topic should be discussed through the body and the end of your paragraph but the last sentence of your paragraph should then provide the reader with a closing statement or a transmition sentence has to occur wich prepares the reader for what's happening in the next paragraph.....Otherwise the reader is now lost or has to work really hard to get who you are refering to when using he, she , they, etc. when you haven't established whom you are referring to yet!

Steph Lealman said...

Hey Rhys, cheers for the comment on my blog, I've had...Some success - I now know people are reading it of course.

I have nothing against beggars of course, I just don't feel that comfy with doing it myself.

I hope my blog will be better in a couple of weeks, but I'm finding it hard to post every day (something i'd like to be able to do, talking about various news stories and stuff i've read) due to things beyond my control.

Anyway, you wern't begging really - I like your blog and had already added your it to my links list earlier, so your comment just gave me an excuse to go back and read some of the earlier stuff you'd posted.

As for tips on advertising, here's a link to a post I made on the forum a few hous ago:

http://groups.google.com/group/blogger-help-share/browse_thread/thread/7c40f8358bb494c5/01fd8807ac83fbf4#01fd8807ac83fbf4

Anonymous said...

Going home can be traumatic for me too, but I don't think we have the same thing going on. Hopefully you'll have a good time seeing your parents. Cheer up.
: )

Steph Lealman said...

Yeah, I did read the comment, my eyes glazed over, but i get what chary means a little...but then understanding their post wasn't the easist thing in the world either - No offence to anyone of course.

And that sounds kinda posh to a Yorkshire lass, but yeah I kinda do 'aspire' to work for a newspaper or magazine, and i've kinda resigned myself to the fact that when I eventually pass my NCTJ's I probably will have to move to London. But then again - Everyone does that, so surely that leaves just as good jobs open for me nearby in West Yorkshire.

Cheers, I'm not too bad at the minute - Writing about something I saw on Times Online as I speak, partly because the article sent a little light bulb off in my head, and partly because if I don't write something about it soon it won't be 'news' anymore and my poor blog will just gather dust.

Hope to read more from you too - Your friends sound a riot, especially Ted the chess player lol

Tony said...

Made a return vist.Can’t risk harming my image as a grumpy old fart by saying something nice about it. So I must say, can’t stand bloggs with black backgrounds, no consideration for people with failling eyesight, typical of the younger generation, sitting around drinking coffee. Coffee, what’s wrong with a nice cup of tea?

I will be paying another visit to this blogg. I hope by then you’ll have tidied up the place. What would your Mam think?

Nice one Rhys

copper stiletto said...

Just dropping in to say hello, glad to see you back at it!

Tony said...

Rhys
You shouldn’t be so touchy neither trying to offend you or your blog. Just pursuing my designated role in life of being a Grumpy Old Fart. Having said that, white lettering on a dark background is more difficult to read than dark lettering on a light background.

As for blogg - it’s the same as failling - a stammering middle finger.

copper stiletto said...

Hello there!! My stilettos are holding up great by the way, I am even sporting a new green pair today!! Good to hear from you again and by the way, I am from the U.S. Hope thats not an issue!! Have a great day!!!

richter said...

I feel yea.

Unknown said...

hey thanks for the comment been reading your blogg i thought my lifes messed up with exes and all of that but i see that we are few of many!!! keep your head p im sure there are plenty of other girls out there esp in birmingham!!! also seems like you should take it easy on the alcohol as it has bad repocussions!!!

peace
confusionoffusion.blogspot.com

copper stiletto said...

its been months, where are ya?